This was a great day! I’ll be putting up photos and final tallies soon from the fundraiser.
Meanwhile THANK YOU to everyone involved.
Fundraiser for Puerto Rico
Sat, Oct 21, 12 noon-3
Many of us here have friends and family in Puerto Rico, and have helplessly waited for scraps of news. We do know the need for help is urgent, so we are channeling our frustration into organizing this fundraiser.
The Buffet is sold out. Join us for the auction and enjoy light snacks … bowls of rice and beans, beverages including Helderberg Brewery beer. Silent auction 12noon-2. Live auction starts at 2pm with auctioneer Peter Brouwer.
Join us Saturday, October 21 starting at 12 noon. Guest chef Robert Lugo will create an authentic Puerto Rican food buffet. Cost will be $30 adult. (SOLD OUT). All the labor and food is donated by Robert and Janice Lugo, and Heather Ridge Farm.
There will be an auction with Benefit Auctioneer, Peter Brouwer. A range of items have been donated, and is increasing every day. Donated items will be listed here as we receive them. S
Live Auction starts at 2pm
- One week stay at a Caribbean compound in Vieques, Puerto Rico in 2019. One bedroom house and one bedroom casita with pool—sleeps 4, overlooking hillside with views of the Caribbean and the brightest bioluminescent bay in the world. Highest bidder can pick their dates in the winter of 2019. Value: $1750.00 Donated by Cynthia and Ken Storms
2. Spend two nights in a quintessential cabin in the woods in West Kill, NY. This cozy, seasonal cottage is located in a forest setting and has two bedrooms, a living room with a fireplace, kitchen, bathroom, two porches, and a furnace and heaters for chilly nights. Enjoy some time off in this wilderness retreat, which does not have cell or internet access but is very close to excellent hiking trails and beautiful vistas of the Catskill Mountains. Select two nights from Sunday through Thursday this October or November or April through November, 2018. Valued at $200. Donated by Carolyn and Erick Egas.For more info and photos, go to:
3. Grey Fox Blue Grass Festival– two full festival tickets, July 19-22, 2018, Oak Hill, NY. Value $450 https://greyfoxbluegrass.com/festival/
4. Windham Mountain – 2 all mountain lift tickets, 2017-2018 winter season. Value $154. http://www.windhammountain.com/
5. Set of four autographed CDs by Bluegrass/blues/folk Grammy nominated musician Celia Woodsmith, the lead singer for Della Mae, the band named IBMA Emerging Artists Of The Year.
Della Mae (self titled), Della Mae “I Built This Heart”, Della Mae “This World Oft Can Be”, Say Darling (self titled)
6. Weber Smokey Joe Mini Charcoal Grill (new in box)
7. Honey Bee Bracelet . This Bee Bracelet was designed and donated by Lindsay Boyer and cast using the lost wax process into brass plated with 24 karat gold. Estimated value $200.
8. Wool filled comforter from CeCe’s Wool Shop. $375 value. Heavy weight queen sized comforter of local wool with organic cotton duvet cover.
9. Paul Mutimear: Portfolio of 5 Photos of Vieques horses, 13 x 19 unframed on archival paper, reserve $300 (or singly 50-100) Buyer’s choice
10. Four Box seats to Siena College men’s basketball game with VIP parking value $50011. Animal Photo Portrait by professional animal photographer, up to 24″, print or on canvas. Value $1000
- Animal Photo Portrait by professional animal photographer Valerie Shaff, up to 24″, print or on canvas. Value $1000
Silent Auction 12 noon to 2pm
- Three – one-hour private Dressage Riding lessons with trainer Camelia Montalvo at Horses & Hounds Stables in Gardiner, NY
For children age six to adult, Valid up to Nov 18, 2017 and between May to Nov 2018, Value: $225
- Photograph by Beth Schneck of Heather Ridge Farm
- Greenville Drive-In Experience: movie passes, tee shirt, candy, Frisbee, value $80.
- Honey Hollow Farm Stay, Earlton, NY (Between Coxsackie and Greenville) Enjoy a weekend on a farm! Our bright and modern, renovated barn apartment sleeps 6 (2 bedrooms plus a sleeping loft) and is fully equipped for cooking and relaxing. Windows look out over the sheep pasture and pony paddock. On their first morning, guests are taken on a full tour of the farm, and invited to meet and pet and help feed the animals (horses, ponies, sheep, chickens, goats, and bunnies). Throughout the weekend, guests make themselves at home, hunting for eggs, exploring the woods, cozying up to the woodstove. Included in the weekend is a needle-felting workshop, using wool from our own sheep (best for kids five and up). Children can also take a riding lesson on our adorable Shetland pony, Bugsy. In more than 130 glowing reviews on our airbnb page, we see repeated comments such as, “magical weekend”, “unforgettable”, and “return visit because my child won’t stop talking about Bugsy”. Note: this is a low-tech rural destination with no wifi (there is some 4G). You can see photos and reviews at our airbnb page, or look at our website: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/242304, www.honeyhollowfarmstay.comA two-night winter weekend on the farm costs $460. For this event, we are comping the additional fees for the felting workshop and a 30-minute riding lesson. This offer is good any weekend between now and April 15.
- Introduction to Bread Baking: join chef Rob Handel discussing the ins and outs of bread baking. Make several styles of bread and take some home with you. Value $50 person at Heather Ridge Farm, Nov. 11 4pm
- Partridge Run Honey Gift Basket, donated by beekeeper Rich Ronconi with honey and other products of the hive
- Sony STR-D590 FM Stereo receiver (pre-owned)
- Yamaha Natural Sound AV Receiver HTR-5730 (pre-owned)
- Box of knickknacks from John Harrison
- French & Scouser Interior Restyling
DESIGN CONSULTATION AND APPLICATION FOR ONE ROOM OF YOUR HOME
The design team behind the restoration and design of The DeWitt Oak Hill (ww.thedewittoakhill.com) will come to your home and transform your room of choice. This includes a walk through of the space to review the scope of work, re-imagine your room using your own existing pieces and re-purposing items from other areas of your home. We can recommend new paint applications (and recommend painters too). We also give advice on new furnishings to enhance your decor if preferred. Approx. Value: $500.00
- Stuffed Plush Dog Toy, donated by Becky Lupo
- Gift certificate to The Saloon, East Durham $25
- Gift certificate to. Mountain View Brasserie $75
- Gift certificate to Cheryl Baitsholts, Baitsholts Farm chicken and lamb products $100
- Gift certificate to Amy’s Take-Away $50
- Gift certificate to Hull-O Farm, towards any farm products $75
- Chinese Medicine Consultation and Acupuncture Appointment by Deirdre Corrigan, Preston Hollow 917-882-4698 $125 value
- A basket of DVDs from the Alive Mind collection, films celebrating enlightened consciousness, secular spirituality and living in balance with the earth, Alive Mind Cinema seeks to provide audiences with intellectually provocative stories that deliver the “aha” response of a transformative experience.
23. Gift certificate to Karen’s Gift Shop, Cairo
Live background music for your party or gathering by Gaeltara: Irish trio; value $300
Live traditional Irish music by traditional Irish trio Gaeltara for one two-hour private party or small event (up to 50 people) w/minimal sound reinforcement at an event location or acoustic (no sound reinforcement) at your home. Date subject to availability on an evening or weekend to be agreed upon by performers and winner.
Gaeltara is Hilary Schrauf (fiddle), Neal Warshaw (Irish wooden flute), and Eric Everson (Irish bouzouki). Eric and Hilary have performed together as the duo Lawson since 2001 (www.lawsontradmusic.com), and the trio has played together since 2005. They currently perform twice a month at The People’s Pub in Chatham, NY, and as part of a session ensemble at The Bee’s Knees Cafe at the Second Sunday Session with hosts Hilary Schrauf and Bernd Neumann.
Live background music for your party or gathering by Gaeltara: Irish trio; value $300
Beer generously provided by Helderberg Brewery, Rensselaerville
Porta-potty generously donated by Big Top Rentals, Cairo
Thank you all!
Puerto Rican Relief Fundraiser
Pinchos- Kabobs of chicken marinated in traditional Puerto Rican herbs and spices
Arroz con Gandules (Rice with pigeon peas)- Rice cooked in a vegetarian broth with annatto, saffron, and pigeon peas
Habicheulas Roasadas (Puerto Rican Beans)- Pink kidney beans stewed in a Puerto Rican sofrito with olives, capers, and tomatoes
Pernil al Horno (Roasted Pork Shoulder)- Slow roasted marinated pork shoulder, a traditional holiday dish
Pastelòn de Yuca (Yuca Casserole)- A casserole filled with tender pork stewed in sofrito, chick peas, olives, capers, and raisins
Caldo Gallego (Galician Soup)- A hearty soup with white beans, stewing greens, meat, and chorizo
Sopa de Plantano Verde (Plantain Soup)- A vegetarian based soup cooked with green plantains
Tostones (Fried Green Plantains)- Plantains sliced then double fried until crispy
Bacalaitos (Salt Codfish Fritters)- Crispy fried seasoned fritters with a herbed salt codfish filling
Empanadillas Boricua (Puerto Rican Beef Turnovers)- Flaky crusted turnovers with ground beef simmered in sofrito and vegetables
Tembleque (Coconut Custard)- Coconut milk custard cooked with brown sugar and cinnamon and topped with dulce de leche
Arroz con Coco (Coconut Rice Pudding)- Short grain rice cooked in coconut milk, raisins, cinnamon, ffresh ginger, and cloves. Topped with dulce de leche and freshly grated nutmeg